Notice of Private Policy & Information Practices
The WP Advisors, LLC has been and continues to be bound by professional standards of confidentiality. We have always placed the highest level of priority on protecting your right to privacy.
The Purpose of This Notice. The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB) and Regulation S-P require we provide you annually with a written notice of our policies and practices regarding the disclosure to third parties of your nonpublic personal information. This notice describes our policies and practices governing our use of your nonpublic personal information.
1. Information We Collect. We collect the following types of personal information about you:
- Information on your account application or other forms, including your name, address, Social Security number, assets, and income;
- Information about your investments and transactions with us, our affiliates and other financial institutions. This may include specific investments, account balances, and cash deposits and withdrawals; and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies relating to your credit and employment history.
2. Information We May Disclose. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you, or your account, to anyone, except as permitted or required by law for legal, regulatory or other purposes. With permission, we may share your personal information with our affiliates (e.g., other investment advisers, broker-dealers, banks or insurance companies) and certain non-affiliated companies (e.g., attorneys, auditors or accountants). We may also share your personal information to effect, administer, or enforce our investment management with non-affiliated companies that provide processing, account maintenance and related services in connection with your investments and other transactions handled by us.
3. We Protect Your Personal Information. We maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information by:
- Restricting access to your nonpublic personal information to those employees with a legitimate need for the information;
- Maintaining physical electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed federal and industry standards governing how nonpublic personal information should be stored.
6. Your Right to Opt Out. We do not disclose personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by law (as listed in Section 2.); however, if we were to do so, you could direct us not to disclose such information. This is known as “opting out”. If you wished to opt out, you could contact us (see contact options below).
7. How to Contact Us with Privacy Questions.
- TELEPHONE 415-777-2900; or
- MAIL 201 Mission Street, Ste. 1930, San Francisco, CA 94105.
|Facts||What does WP Advisors do with your personal information?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons we chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information:||Does WP share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We Don’t Share|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We Don’t Share|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||WP Advisors is a privately-held, california, limited liability company that has been providing investment advisory services since 1999. throughout this notice, the company is referred to as “WP” or “the firm” or “we”.|
|What we do|
|How does WP protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We keep your private information private by:
- Not selling your information. You’ve entrusted us with your personal information, and we’re committed to using it wisely as we perform the tasks you request. We do not and will not sell your personal information.
- Using firewalls and encryption. We use firewalls and encryption technology to protect personal information on our computer systems.
We protect your information inside WP by:
- Restricting who has access to your information. We take precautions to ensure that your account and personal information are accessible only by employees who are authorized and monitored.
- Training our employees on privacy and security. Employees are trained on handling private financial information, and are held to standards in keeping your information private.
Security measures we employ:
- We keep our computers up to date, thus utilizing newer operating systems, browsers and software that isn’t as vulnerable to attack.
- We install anti-virus software. It continually scans our files and emails to detect any viruses.
- We install anti-spyware software. This helps protect our computers from malicious programs.
- We back-up our systems continuously. Our back-ups are kept on-site and off-site… ensuring we can always access our data.
How does WP collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or direct us to buy/sell your securities.
- Provide account information or give us your contact information.
- Tell us about your investment portfolios or tax planning.
We may also collect your personal information from others, such as custodians, CPA’s, credit bureaus, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your
- Affiliates from using certain information to market to you.
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you.
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. WP Advisors doesn’t have any affiliates.|
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. WP Advisors does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.|
|Joint marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. WP Advisors does not jointly market.|
|Other Important Information|
|If you transact business through a WP licensed agent, we may validate and obtain information about you from an insurance support organization. The insurance support organization may further share your information with other insurers, as permitted by law.
If you establish an account in connection with your employer, your employer may request and receive certain information relevant to the administration of employee accounts.